- A person whose job involves preparing and serving different types of coffee.More example sentences
- The barista was busy serving the long queue of caffeine addicts and chatting about the previous night's antics.
- They belly up to the coffee bar and a barista with a padlock through his nose inquires what they want.
- How many coffee-chain baristas and sweatshop seamstresses assume that voting for lower taxes will bring them security and prosperity?
1980s: Italian, 'barman'.
More definitions of baristaDefinition of barista in:
- The British & World English dictionary