nounchiefly North American
- A person who owns or serves drinks in a bar.More example sentences
- Her barkeeps have researched new drinks for the spring, and they've tweaked and taste-tested a lot of cocktails to get just the right balance of sour, sweet, bitter and strength.
- Enchanters liked to wander around the land rewarding people for good deeds and occasionally getting drunk and rewarding barkeeps for good beer.
- She made her way through the couples still standing on the dance floor and then ordered a drink from the barkeeper who happened to be a good friend of hers.
More definitions of barkeeperDefinition of barkeeper in:
- The British & World English dictionary