- A person who stands in front of a theater, sideshow, etc., and calls out to passersby to attract customers.More example sentences
- Better still: as a DVD bonus, the folks at Something Weird also include a short unedited collection of newsreel footage showing real life sideshow performers and barkers from the thirties.
- Economists, bankers, and executives equated ad men with sideshow barkers, while scientists considered psychologists no better than fortune-tellers.
- The clearest example of Herzog's and presumably Büchner's point is the scene with the sideshow barker and his subjugated monkey in the silk and tassels of a high-ranking soldier.
More definitions of barkerDefinition of barker in:
- The British & World English dictionary