- A receptor sensitive to changes in pressure.More example sentences
- In addition to arterial baroreceptors, low-pressure baroreceptors exist and these respond to the degree of stretch of veins and the cardiac atria.
- The vagus nerve transmits afferent signals from the aortic arch baroreceptors, regulating arterial pressure.
- The decrease in cardiac output that occurs with heart failure is associated with a decrease in blood pressure that activates baroreceptors located in the aortic arch and carotid arteries.
More definitions of baroreceptorDefinition of baroreceptor in:
- The British & World English dictionary