- A coral reef running parallel to the shore but separated from it by a channel of deep water.More example sentences
- Reefs are generally divided into three categories; the barrier reef, the atoll, and the fringing reef.
- Closer contact reveals that sport divers who come to these clear, southern waters protected by a barrier reef, fearlessly feed the large group of stingrays which gather in this region.
- It is a 100-hectare tropical garden on the raised coral of the barrier reef surrounding the lagoon.
More definitions of barrier reefDefinition of barrier reef in:
- The British & World English dictionary