- A camp from which mountaineering expeditions set out.More example sentences
- The first aircraft carried the personnel and equipment needed to establish the base camp.
- Improved protective designs for field fortifications and base camps have been developed for field forces.
- The team will then set up several base camps before beginning the ascents up the mountains in the wildest and least accessible part of Scandinavia.
More definitions of base campDefinition of base camp in:
- The British & World English dictionary