- A fair ball hit such that the batter can advance safely to a base without aid of an error committed by the team in the field.More example sentences
- Consider an outfielder who cleanly fields a base hit and returns the ball to the infield.
- I got a base hit in the top of the eighth inning to put us ahead 1-0.
- Palmeiro has slapped what would be base hits, but the ball has rolled directly to the second baseman's new location.
More definitions of base hitDefinition of base hit in:
- The British & World English dictionary