- A common metal not considered precious, such as copper, tin, or zinc.More example sentences
- Within these belts, gold mineralization is associated with rare metals, base metals, uranium, antimony, and mercury.
- Alloy steel, copper, lead, zinc and base metals are basic raw materials used in a variety of industries.
- Its focus is on gold but its portfolio also includes projects with potential for platinum group metals, copper, silver and base metals.
More definitions of base metalDefinition of base metal in:
- The British & World English dictionary