Definition of baseborn in English:
1Of low birth or origin.
- For they honor money; and the noble weds the baseborn, and the base the highborn; wealth has mixed the race.
- Much to my regret, both the Confucians and the Mohists have neglected to record the exploits of the baseborn knights.
- I had thought this fellow at least an esquire; for I had hoped that even the vilest of my ladies would not have dishonored my Court by wantoning with a baseborn servant.
- Amelia Steven's entry noted she was baseborn as her mother's husband had been transported.
- In the 1851 Census, Susan Pearman is living with her parents and one sister, Christiana, and her baseborn daughter Ellen.
- In the baptism records at Brighton, Sussex, for September 1767 he was quoted as ‘John Cheesman, baseborn son of Barbara Children’.
Definition of baseborn in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.