- A thin, delicate membrane of protein fibers and glycosaminoglycans separating an epithelium from underlying tissue.More example sentences
- Between the basal surface of epithelial cells and the underlying connective tissue is the basement membrane, which varies markedly from place to place and in certain disease states.
- In the normal cervix, TN formed a thin, delicate, continuous band within the basement membrane of the squamous epithelium.
- The cells of stratum basale constitute a single layer of columnar or cuboidal cells in contact with the basement membrane and connective tissue of the dermis.
More definitions of basement membraneDefinition of basement membrane in:
- The British & World English dictionary