- The number of hydrogen atoms replaceable by a base in a particular acid.More example sentences
- Classical means of separation were based on the small differences in basicity and solubility.
- If the amines were acting as the hydrogen bond acceptors, the bimolecular quenching constants would be expected to increase with basicity of the amines, i.e. for amines with lower pK b values.
- It is the chemical basicity of the nucleotides that has given them the common term ‘bases’ as they are associated with nucleotides present in DNA and RNA.
More definitions of basicityDefinition of basicity in:
- The British & World English dictionary