1A tendency to stain readily with a basic dye.
- The hematoxylin-eosin-stained sections demonstrated spherical organisms of varying size with central basophilia located within the necrotic granuloma (Figure, A).
- Hematoxylin-eosin-stained sections showed circular rings of light basophilia in many fibers.
- Staining with basophilic dyes such as toluidine blue (or methylene blue) is known as basophilia.
2A condition of the blood marked by the formation and accumulation of an excess of basophil cells.
- Complete blood count at diagnosis revealed a total leukocyte count of 50 000 / L, with 94% neutrophils and without a middle bulge or basophilia, which is consistent with a leukemoid reaction.
- Causes of basophilia, some of uncertain origin, are listed in Table 3.
- One patient showed a typical blood picture for CML transformation, with leukocytosis, neutrophilic left shift with increased blasts, and basophilia.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.