Definition of batch processing in English:
1The performing of an industrial process on material in batches of a limited quantity or number.
- It models liquids and bulk materials, handling batch processing as well as continuous and semi-continuous processes, liquid storage, and transport systems.
- This can lead to greater efficiency during batch processing.
- But as Kane points out, the global computing industry has developed huge expertise in mass producing silicon chips, so once the basic techniques are finalised, there will be little difficulty in batch processing the devices.
1.1 Computing The processing of previously collected jobs in a single batch.
- Backups, recovery, batch processing, and archiving applications are primarily created and accessed sequentially.
- The ratio of time slots reserved for batch processing versus other processes also may be adjusted.
- By then most companies will have converted their current collection of batch processing and near real-time information systems to super speedy ‘just in time’ processes.
Definition of batch processing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan