- A kind of wheelchair for invalids, typically with a hood.More example sentences
- I can see myself sitting in a bath chair at 130 years old, rug over my knees, wheezing like an old concertina, as I regale everyone with tales of Glastonbury festival 1996 (those were the days).
- Nurse, the bath chair, please - I must be getting home.
- After a time he lost the power of walking and had to exchange his daily constitutional for a bath chair, but no murmur of complaint escaped him.
early 19th century: named after the city of Bath, which attracted many invalids because of the supposed curative powers of its hot springs.
More definitions of bath chairDefinition of bath chair in:
- The British & World English dictionary