Definition of bath mat in English:
1A mat for someone to stand on after getting out of a bathtub.
- A new bath mat and matching shower curtain and another candle should solve that area's, um, problems.
- We've all been showering in the evening before going out, knowing that morning freshness will be obliterated within ten minutes of stepping onto the bath mat by copious quantities of sun creme.
- I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened to me before, and I've often thought about getting a non-slip bath mat, but never got around to it.
1.1A rubber mat placed in the bottom of a bathtub to prevent someone from slipping while getting in or out.
- Place a bath mat at the bottom of the tub so that your pet will not slip and fall.
- To prepare, put a bath mat or towel in the bottom of the tub.
- Be sure to use a bath mat, or you'll be slip-sliding away.
Definition of bath mat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan