Definition of bath sponge in English:
A marine sponge of warm waters, the fibrous skeleton of which is used as a sponge for washing.
- Genera Spongia and Hippospongia, family Spongiidae
- Sponges are everywhere: the Greek bath sponge, so dark we see them only when up close, and the verongia, golden-coloured sponges that grow to no more than 20 cm and are heavily concentrated on the rocky walls.
- In other words, it was like a bath sponge which lets air or water pass from cell to cell.
- Krystal ran her bath sponge over her body and started to sing along.
Definition of bath sponge in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan