- A very large igneous intrusion extending deep in the earth’s crust.More example sentences
- Below the transparent batholith, the crust is very reflective to depths of c.20 km.
- The lower crust beneath the Dzhabyk batholith is only weakly reflective and the Moho is not imaged.
- The batholith extends into the west Kimberley, and is more than 750 km long and about 60-70 km wide.
early 20th century: coined in German from Greek bathos 'depth' + -lith.
More definitions of batholithDefinition of batholith in:
- The British & World English dictionary