- The apparatus or set of utensils for serving or preparing a meal.More example sentences
- But despite her ample gifts at the stove, she has one of the worst batterie de cuisine in New England.
- Indeed, the world's greatest chefs have been coming here for their batteries de cuisine since 1820.
- Our batterie de cuisine includes utilitarian products which are equally stunning alone or as part of a collection.
late 18th century: French, literally 'set of equipment for the kitchen'. The sense of 'set' developed from the original meaning of 'collection of artillery equipment (for “beating” the enemy)'; see also battery.
More definitions of batterie de cuisineDefinition of batterie de cuisine in:
- The British & World English dictionary