Definition of battlement in English:
1A parapet at the top of a wall, usually of a fort or castle, that has regularly spaced, squared openings for shooting through.
- Here, you can see stone cannon balls built into the castle walls, defensive battlements and interior living quarters.
- Set within five acres of orchard and boasting battlements, parapet walkway, Great Hall and thick stone walls, the tower is perched above Crossford in the beautiful Clyde Valley.
- I sat in the guard barracks in the outer wall of the castle battlements.
- Example sentences
- As a building, Maison Krug disappoints - just a yard, cellar and offices - and I cast envious glances at other champagne houses in Reims, especially Pommery which is a fantastic Disneyland castle with battlemented walls.
- Almost immediately this was surrounded by a lower battery providing fourteen further gun positions, while about 1550 a battlemented entrance block was built containing the governor's lodgings.
- Its red, white and blue uprights support a span depicting Derry's gates with a battlemented head topped by a crown.