- A simple one-roomed structure on or next to a beach, used for privacy or shelter while visiting the beach during the day: along Southwold’s beachfront are the famous brightly colored beach hutsMore example sentences
- The historic harbour town, which has a pretty front dotted with decorative ships and beach huts, is renowned for its oyster festival.
- A row of 60-or-so primary-coloured beach huts stretches beneath the eastern cliffs, not a single one of them occupied, most likely sealed by a weatherproof padlock until Easter comes round again.
- Beach hut owners in Frinton have had to cover the cost of a rise in vandalism over the past year.
More definitions of beach hutDefinition of beach hut in:
- The British & World English dictionary