(also beam compasses)
- A drawing compass consisting of a horizontal rod or beam connected by sliding sockets to two vertical legs, used for drawing large circles.More example sentences
- The radius of circle or arc you can make with this beam compass set is limited only by the ledge you have at hand.
- The fine adjustment mechanism on a beam compass makes distance transfers quicker and more precise than with a ruler and pencil alone.
- The beam compass is preferred due to its greater rigidity.
More definitions of beam compassDefinition of beam compass in:
- The British & World English dictionary