Definition of beanpole in English:
1A stick for supporting bean plants.
- Arika could see beanpoles thick with beans and peas, greens of all kinds, and squashes and many other forms of hard vegetables.
- On the other side of the flowerbed Tony is affixing a vine to a beanpole.
- If you are growing beans you are going to need a beanpole.
1.1 informal A tall, thin person.
- I always been a strong girl, though I also been thin as a beanpole.
- The skinny beanpole going up against someone three times his size is not looking for a solution to a problem, not looking to fix anything, but simply having a reason to live, and a reason to be strong.
- Tall, and not exactly beanpoles, but very bony.
Definition of beanpole in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan