noun (plural beasties)Scottish or • humorous
- 1An animal, insect, or germ: our immune systems are killing millions of wee beastiesMore example sentences
- It was very nice indeed but I have to fight the urge to be TOO tidy, so the wee bugs and beasties have somewhere to overwinter.
- The simplest approach is to hold that there are three: animals, plants, and wee beasties.
- Despite my love of beasties generally, the larvae of the gooseberry sawfly are top of my hit list at the moment.
- 1.1 [with adjective] A vehicle or device of a particular kind: these little beasties only have three wheelsMore example sentences
- Of course, being the rapacious little beastie it is, the site always needs more submissions - get scribbling today and give my creative juices a rest!
- This angular beastie uses its heat-ray vision to break out of its corral, and then accompanies the heroes on their quest.
- Unless they've some magical beastie to use for it, they've no choice but to move her by horse, wagon, or afoot.
More definitions of beastieDefinition of beastie in:
- The British & World English dictionary