- Used to express surprise or for emphasis.More example sentences
- They gave a shout of joy, but bedad, when they offered to get up they found themselves glued to their stone seats.
- Well, he stood there and talked with her awhile in the rain, and he was a-getting so wet, and he says, ‘Well, bedad,’ he says, ‘I'm a-coming in!’
- ‘But bedad afore he could put two words to that, there kem a blow in his face that knocked him flat, an’ a voice cried out in hollow tones, ‘Rise, Michael Donnel, and behold yer gran'fayther's shpirit!’
More definitions of bedadDefinition of bedad in:
- The British & World English dictionary