Definition of bedizened in English:
Dressed up or decorated gaudily: a dress bedizened with resplendent military medals
More example sentences
- The woman was clothed in purple and scarlet and bedizened with gold and jewels and pearls.
- The sparkling, bedizened, colourful Khan army had started marching nonetheless, spears and scimitars held high, saluting the sun.
- The spiritual heart of a Vegas Christmas is the perfectly cone-shaped, 60-foot synthetic tree in front of Caesars Palace, bedizened with 216,510 lights.
- Example sentences
- Vast talents and deep pockets have combined to produce a dazzling extravaganza - a whirl of movement and colour, song and dance bedizened by every sequin, boa, and light-catching bauble in the southern hemisphere.
- The vast majority of Pakistans trucks, buses and motorized rickshaws are riots of color, bedizened top to bottom with eye-popping landscapes, portraits, calligraphic poetry, religious verses and wisecracking expressions of star-spangled banter.
- His coat has a wide embroidery of golden foliage; and his waistcoat, likewise, is all flowered over and bedizened with gold.
Definition of bedizened in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan