Definition of bedrock in English:
1Solid rock underlying loose deposits such as soil or alluvium.
- Flat or slightly rolling terrain is the rule here, and thick soil deposits overlay Cretaceous shale bedrock.
- The plants were growing from several fissures in the mafic bedrock that underlies the creek.
- Erosion of the underlying bedrock appears to have been limited.
1.1The fundamental principles on which something is based: honesty is the bedrock of a good relationship
More example sentences
- These terms were to remain as the bedrock of his artistic principles even though his manner and procedures of painting were to change quite radically.
- Give them a clear standard that is in accordance with the bedrock principles of our nation.
- We need cool heads, warm hearts and our bedrock values of fairness and equality to choose the right path.
Words that rhyme with bedrockpibroch • Sheetrock
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.