Definition of bedstraw in English:
A herbaceous plant with small, lightly perfumed, white or yellow flowers and whorls of slender leaves. It was formerly used for stuffing mattresses.
- Genus Galium, family Rubiaceae: several species, including yellow bedstraw (G. verum)
- Wildflowers: fire pink, several kinds of blue violets, pink and yellow lady's slippers, goldenrod, blue-stem goldenrod, blue asters, and bedstraws.
- Magnificent displays of bluebells are out just now and the ground vegetation also has an abundance of foxgloves, heath bedstraw and wood sorrel.
- If you flick through the pages of wild flower books you'll see a host of different types of bedstraws, many of which only those armed with a hand lens and a keen eye will be able to differentiate.
Words that rhyme with bedstrawjackstraw • uproar
Definition of bedstraw in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.