Definition of beech fern in English:
A fern with triangular, deeply lobed fronds. Native to eastern North America, it favors moist woodland habitats and streamsides.
- Genus Thelypteris, family Polypodiaceae: two species, the broad beech fern (T. hexagonptera) and the long beech fern (also narrow beech fern or northern beech fern) (T. phegopteris)
- The fronds of beech ferns are shaped like arrowheads, with the lowest pair of leaflets pointing out at a diagonal.
- Typically found in rich woodlands, broad beech fern adapts well to virtually any partially shaded woodland garden.
- Christmas, lady, cinnamon and broad beech ferns thrive in the area.
Definition of beech fern in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan