An alcoholic drink made from yeast-fermented malt flavored with hops: a pint of beer I’m dying for a beer
More example sentences
- Brewers use several methods to produce beers and lagers with low alcohol content.
- They decide to spend a long weekend, catching up and drinking beers, as snow falls.
- We drank a few beers and Bill loved it: Ada was exactly as he thought my friends would be.
Old English bēor, based on monastic Latin biber 'a drink', from Latin bibere 'to drink'; related to Dutch bier and German Bier.
beer and skittles
- [often with negative] British Amusement or enjoyment: life isn’t all beer and skittlesMore example sentences
- As we well know, the writer's life is all beer and skittles, answerable to no-one, making vast fortunes from every stroke of the pen… and those fabulous public engagements, reading to masses of adoring fans.
- Long term intense relationships have parts where you have to work at it - it ain't all beer and skittles.
- And as he said, working in China isn't all beer and skittles.