Definition of beer in English:
An alcoholic drink made from yeast-fermented malt flavored with hops: a pint of beer I’m dying for a beer
More example sentences
- Brewers use several methods to produce beers and lagers with low alcohol content.
- They decide to spend a long weekend, catching up and drinking beers, as snow falls.
- We drank a few beers and Bill loved it: Ada was exactly as he thought my friends would be.
beer and skittles
- [often with negative] British Amusement or enjoyment: life isn’t all beer and skittlesMore example sentences
- As we well know, the writer's life is all beer and skittles, answerable to no-one, making vast fortunes from every stroke of the pen… and those fabulous public engagements, reading to masses of adoring fans.
- Long term intense relationships have parts where you have to work at it - it ain't all beer and skittles.
- And as he said, working in China isn't all beer and skittles.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan