- A North American leafhopper found west of the Mississippi River and considered a serious pest to beets and members of the gourd family. It is a principal carrier of the virus that causes curly top.
More example sentences
- Circulifer tenellus, family Cicadellidae
- They also serve as shelter and food for the beet leafhopper that carries the virus from plant to plant.
- Results of the present study prove that the beet leafhopper is a vector of the potato purple top disease.
- This is because the beet leafhoppers migrate long distances and don't reproduce in the garden.