- 1The way in which one acts or conducts oneself, especially toward others: good behavior his insulting behavior toward meMore example sentences
- Nella was still angry at their patronising and arrogant behaviour towards her in those times.
- He complained that the doctor's behaviour towards him had been inappropriate.
- It was totally unacceptable behaviour towards people who had given you long and loyal service.
- 1.1The way in which an animal or person acts in response to a particular situation or stimulus: the feeding behavior of predatorsMore example sentences
- Animals alter their behavior to avoid a variety of different types of predators.
- Data on ancient color could tell us about the environment and behavior of animals.
- Few other studies have correlated the influence of the full moon with behaviour of animals or insects.
- 1.2The way in which a natural phenomenon or a machine works or functions: the erratic behavior of the old carMore example sentences
- Perhaps this is because they mimic evolved solutions, so their behaviour seems more natural.
- This is so the otters' food can be hidden to encourage their natural foraging behaviour.
- In fact operating transnationally should be a natural and normal behaviour.
be on one's best behavior
- Behave well when being observed: warn them to be on their best behaviorMore example sentences
- Barney said: ‘They really deserved to win and were on their best behaviour.’
- But if some of the former residents were lacking in self control the children greeting the Princess were on their best behaviour.
- Well done to all the pupils who were on their best behaviour on the night.