- 1The alteration of behavioral patterns through the use of such learning techniques as biofeedback and positive or negative reinforcement.More example sentences
- Perhaps more important, understanding the biological roots of violence may enable doctors to intervene with drugs, behavior modification or other techniques to try to offset a person's violent tendencies.
- Cults often use behavior modification on followers, such as thought - stopping techniques and instilling an ‘us-versus-them’ mindset, Hassan said.
- Positive behavioral supports are an alternative to punishment and other traditional methods of behavior modification, which do not necessarily teach positive behaviors or create a climate of civility.
- 2 another term for behavior therapy.