- Benefit or advantage: to make laws for the behoof of the colonyMore example sentences
- To the use and behoof of Richard Rust and Susanna his wife, his heirs and Susanna's forever more.
- (b) the words ‘or a member makes a trust deed for behoof of his creditors or a composition contract’ shall be omitted.
- But in May 1650, he sold Gorbals to the Magistrates and Council of Glasgow; to be held by them - one fourth for the behoof of the city, two-fourths for behoof of Hutcheson's Hospital and one-fourth for behoof of the Trades’ Hospital.
Old English behōf; related to Dutch behoef and German Behuf, also to heave.
More definitions of behoofDefinition of behoof in:
- The British & World English dictionary