Coming or happening later than should have been the case: a belated apology
More example sentences
- Of course, apologies followed, and at five to three the belated ceremony was commenced to the relief of all concerned.
- The move is long overdue and it's mostly belated good news for shareholders.
- Though belated, the announcement went down well with the workers both permanent and temporary.
- Example sentences
- I apologise for the belatedness, because these correspondents were ahead of the curve.
- He did not have before him the example of Taylor's belatedness.
- I apologize for my belatedness, but you seemed to have managed just fine on your own.
Words that rhyme with belatedelated, mismated, outdated, overinflated, striated, unabated, undated, unrated, unrelated, unstated, X-rated
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.