- 1A person who believes that a specified thing is effective, proper, or desirable: a believer in ghosts a firm believer that party politics has no place in local governmentMore example sentences
- I'm a firm believer that my job should not be my hobby.
- And while Pat knows she won't raise millions or even thousands of dollars, she's a firm believer that every bit counts.
- She is also a firm believer that dancing should be fun.
- 2An adherent of a particular religion; someone with religious faith.More example sentences
- The site helps believers reflect on religious faith in thought and in practice.
- For Christians, and perhaps other religious believers as well, God is a person.
- This argument is applicable to the believers of every religion.