Definition of bell-bottoms in English:
Trousers with a marked flare below the knee: (as modifier bell-bottom) bell-bottom trousers
More example sentences
- When the topic of dressing up comes, one would invariably think of the latest low-waist trousers and tops, bell-bottoms and a host of other designer wear.
- Damien approached the young woman in her faded denim jean bell-bottoms and her Latin flare, colour-splashed top.
- Remember the bell-bottoms of the '60s and '70s?
- Example sentences
- The bottoms of the dungaree were bell-bottomed.
- Fashion took a step backwards as people developed nostalgia for the 70's and started wearing bell-bottomed pants and lots of flannel.
- When I cleaned out the attic earlier this summer I unearthed it, along with some old scrapbooks and a pair of bell-bottomed jeans.
Definition of bell-bottoms in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia