Definition of belladonna in English:
- Derivatives of plant leaves, flowers, stems, berries, fruits and roots account for about half of those available including some of the better known - arnica and belladonna.
- Two of the most popular and better known are arnica and belladonna.
- You don't have much of your hour left to find some belladonna.
1.1A drug prepared from the leaves and root of this, containing atropine.
- The most common ingredients prescribed were iodides, organic nitrites, stramonium, belladonna, atropine, hyoscyamus, tobacco smoke, and menthol.
- Although a small benefit has been found from the combination of belladonna and phenobarbital, concern over adverse effects and possible addiction problems has limited its use.
- By the late eighteenth century William Heberden was recommending cold baths and blisters ‘applied to the loins' and belladonna was later used as a cure.
Words that rhyme with belladonnaConnor, donna, goner, gonna, honour (US honor), Maradona, Mashona, O'Connor, Shona, wanna
Definition of belladonna in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.