A plant with bell-shaped flowers that are usually blue, purple, pink, or white. Many kinds are cultivated as ornamentals.
- Genus Campanula, family Campanulaceae: many species, including the Eurasian clustered bellflower (C. glomerata) and the harebell
- When new leaves appear, divide asters, bellflowers, chrysanthemums, daylilies, sedums, Shasta daisies, and yarrow.
- When summer-flowering perennials such as bellflowers, geraniums, lychnis, Shasta daisies, and spiderworts finish blooming and start to look tattered, cut back their stems to the rosette of new foliage at the base of the plants.
- Brecknockshire prefers the Spreading bellflower, while Cardiganshire opts for the Bog-rosemary.
Definition of bellflower in:
- British & World English dictionary