- A plant of the lily family bearing slender yellow bell-like flowers and found chiefly in eastern North America.
More example sentences
- Genus Uvularia, family Liliaceae: several species, including the large-flowered bellwort (U. grandiflora) and the perfoliate bellwort (U. perfoliata)
- The similar sessile-leaf bellwort has leaves that clasp the stem and smaller cream-colored flowers.
- Virginia bluebells, bellworts, wild ginger and wild columbines are only a few to be seen in the park.
- As with regular bellwort, it emerges in very early spring and is topped by small yellow flowers.