1Belts collectively, or material for belts: a small piece of plastic belting
More example sentences
- In mitigation the person representing the company which employs about 35 people, said about 95 per cent of the company's work now involves light, plastic belting, rather than leather.
- This beginning was a highly personal, yet formal ceremony in which Funakoshi is said to have handed out lengths of black belting to his pupils.
- I'm not sure from your question if you are planning to tie the belt, or use a buckle; if the former, I recommend avoiding the belting, as this will make it very difficult to tie.
2A beating, especially with a belt, as a punishment.
- The campaign is a learning process and, as any schoolboy once knew, that tends to include a couple of beltings.
- After a public belting in the street, Effie dragged him back to the shop by his ear, forcing him to apologise to the shopkeeper and replace the lot.
- But most of all, we are still nothing like as preoccupied with appearance as the French, and in this country, a good father would no more criticise how his daughter looked than give her a belting.
Definition of belting in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.