- 1Beneficent or kindly.More example sentences
- From this point of view the milk can be considered as a benefic treatment to fix the problem responsible with the acid reflux.
- 1.1 Astrology Relating to or denoting the planets Jupiter and Venus, traditionally considered to have a favorable influence.More example sentences
- Venus is a benefic planet; the friendly sextile between the beginning of Leo and the cusps of her signs again preserve the astronomical relationship between Venus and the Sun by keeping them within the distance of two signs.
- But if a benefic planet, that is, Venus or Jupiter, is in favourable aspect to Saturn thus located by night, those things which were denied will be given in another way.
- Unlike Jupiter that we call a benefic planet, Mars is said to be a malefic.
early 17th century: from Latin beneficus, from bene facere 'do good (to)'.
More definitions of beneficDefinition of benefic in:
- The British & World English dictionary