- A style of African popular music originating in Kenya, characterized by a fusion of traditional Kenyan music and a lively arrangement of guitars, bass, and vocals.More example sentences
- In the cities, benga, a fusion of Western and Kenyan music, is popular.
- By the late '60s, guitar-based bands cranked out songs in an energetic new style called benga that thrived for two decades and survives today.
- His rural home is in the middle of an area that has been a hotbed of musical activity for the specific type of benga played by the Luo people, a community based around the shores of Lake Victoria in Kenyas Nyanza Province.
1980s: from Luo (a Kenyan language).
More definitions of bengaDefinition of benga in:
- The British & World English dictionary