- 1A compound of benzene and chlorine used as an insecticide.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C6H6Cl6
- As the breast cancer rate rose in 1978, the government took the precautionary step of banning three pesticides (benzene hexachloride, lindane and DDT).
- While very productive, full-sun coffee harvesting requires intensive use of herbicides, pesticides and artificial fertilizers (including some, like DDT and benzene hexachloride, that are banned in the U.S.).
- The individual was treated with 1% gamma benzene hexachloride for scabies and developed convulsions.
- 2 used as a general term for lindane.