- The hexagonal unsaturated ring of six carbon atoms present in benzene and many other aromatic molecules.More example sentences
- The use of atomic orbitals on each of the six carbon atoms in the benzene ring to form molecular orbitals is an example of one of the most powerful computational methods used in the study of bonding in molecules.
- The unsaturated benzene ring readily reacts with halogens, rapidly discoloring bromine water.
- This species substitutes for a proton on an electron rich carbon in the benzene ring.
More definitions of benzene ringDefinition of benzene ring in:
- The British & World English dictionary