- A white, odorless, crystalline powder used in ointments as a local anesthetic and to protect against sunburn.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: NH2C6H4C6H4NH2
- Local anaesthetics - for example benzocaine, lignocaine are used in both lozenges and throat sprays.
- Some women find colposcopy very painful while others hardly notice it, according to a clinical trial testing topical benzocaine and ibuprofen against placebo.
- Over-the-counter drugs such as carbamide peroxide, benzocaine, menthol, or eucalyptol can lessen the pain.
More definitions of benzocaineDefinition of benzocaine in:
- The British & World English dictionary