- A white, crystalline ketone that is used in perfume, sunscreen, and as a flavoring agent.
More example sentences
- Chemical formula: C6H5COC6H5
- Many sunscreen products contain benzophenone or one of its derivatives.
- Chemical UVA absorbers, such as benzophenones and benzotriazoles in varying strengths, in conjunction with the film's polyester base, screen out almost 100 percent of UVB and UVA, without reducing visibility.
- This molecule also displays photophysical properties that vary greatly from benzophenone, possessing both lower energy absorption and emission bands.