Definition of benzoquinone in English:
A yellow crystalline compound related to benzene but having two hydrogen atoms replaced by oxygen.
- Chemical formula: C6H4O2; there are two isomers, with the oxygen atoms on opposite (1,4-benzoquinone) or adjacent (1,2-benzoquinone) carbon atoms
- The chemical compound quinone, or 1,4 - benzoquinone, is a unicyclic, or ring phenolic compound.
- In all experiments the algae were treated with benzoquinone, to inhibit metabolic activity in the chloroplast and to maintain an oxidized plastoquinone pool.
- The solution of benzoquinone is prepared immediately before the demonstration (the solution decomposes in hours).
Definition of benzoquinone in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan