noun[as modifier] Chemistry
- The radical —CH2C6H5, derived from toluene: benzyl benzoateMore example sentences
- Many chemicals found in common perfumes and fragrances are designated as ‘hazardous’, including methylene chloride, toluene, methyl ethyl ketone, methyl isobutyl ketone, ethyl alcohol and benzyl chloride.
- Treating carpets with tannic acid or benzyl benzoate can remove some dust mite residue, but such chemicals must be applied repeatedly and can worsen allergies in some people.
- It contained benzyl salicylate and benzyl cinnamate - neither of which is on the current approved list of sun filters.
More definitions of benzylDefinition of benzyl in:
- The British & World English dictionary