- 1A legacy: her $135,000 was the largest bequest the library ever has receivedMore example sentences
- Funding comes from campaigns, bequests, legacies and the continuing generosity of citizens.
- From various patrons they may receive outright gifts, sponsorships, bequests, donations in kind and money.
- Alumni and other private donors contributed $156 million more in donations, bequests and non-government grants and contracts.
- 1.1The action of bequeathing something: a painting acquired by bequestMore example sentences
- New artefacts are being brought in all the time either by donation or bequest.
- Once the legitimacy of first acquisition is settled, all subsequent acquisitions by the saving of income, exchange, gift or bequest of assets can be defended on the ground of mutual consent.
- Its special character as a university museum has shaped its personality, as its collections have been built up largely by gift and bequest from graduates since its foundation in 1816.