- A broom made of twigs tied around a stick.More example sentences
- Players have brooms, known as besoms, to sweep the ice clear of snow or debris so that nothing slows the passage of the stones.
- One Dorset broom maker was even making a special version of his household besom broom for the younger visitors - a Nimbus 2000, guaranteed to attract all Harry Potter fans!
- He followed this by sitting down and making a besom - a brush made from birch twigs.
Old English besema; related to Dutch bezem and German Besen.
More definitions of besomDefinition of besom in:
- The British & World English dictionary